Tuesday, November 25, 2008

'Facebooking' my way in life!!!

Welcome to the world of Facebook!

            Just like the millions and millions of people all over the world, we have all been confronted with that same welcoming message Facebook sends to all people when they first became active members of this social networking system.

            When I first joined facebook, I was in my junior year of high school. I had no idea what it was, but that my best friend said it was better then myspace! I mean finding something better then myspace was hard at that time. However, I guess she was right! Although at the time I joined facebook, it wasn’t as popular as it is now, it was simply just another website that wasn’t so religiously check everyday. It didn’t contain the latest new features like pokes or games. There wasn’t much advertisement about facebook at that time; it was very simple, pretty unknown.

            Well, we all know that has changed.

 


 


Everybody that you might know in your life has Facebook! On average there is over a million people that have Facebook and there is over a million of people that are glued to this social network! A person can spend house entertaining themselves on this website through games and applications and finding everything there is know about everyone.

            Facebook is everywhere; the advertisements are catered to everyone’s interests. They make sure they target everyone, by creating groups and allowing anything to done on facebook! I can actively say that I just made my first facebook group! “  NET NEUTRALITY… LET’S FIGHT FOR FREEDOOM!” And I have actually been really excited about it. I have over 400 members and so many discussions on this topic. It been working to my advantage and I hope in the end it will make a difference… All thanks to Facebook!

            Facebook is great tool for social networking! It’s been one of the leading social networking systems ever invented! If you really think about, everything is literally at your fingertips and allows you to connect to people with similar interest, similar views and to people that you have lost touch with! It acts as search engine; it acts as networking services that many of people are addicted too! Although Facebook eliminates all personal contact with friends, because instead of the old-day phone call, it becomes so much easier to just simply write a message on someones wall. !

See, for the longest time I have threatened myself to delete Facebook, that I simply don’t need it and that it is a waste of time! And after all that I have learned about Facebook, in lectures I still don’t have the courage too! 

                                              WTFFFFF????????????

So I did a pros and cons list and figured out that I actually, sadly NEED Facebook. Until someone decides to delete then I will have it. It connects with friends and allows me to raise awareness. I guess i'm not using Facebook as a creeping devise but as what it is really known for as a social network system, that connects me with the world around me!

 

 

 

No comments: