Tuesday, October 7, 2008

The World At My Fingertips!


… the Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life…”  - Andrew Brown

I have realized as I looked back on my pervious posts I touched based on technologies that I mention “over power” my life. Well luckily for me I was missing one more thing… the Internet! (boom boom boom) Yes that’s right, that overpowering can’t get off, still searching something feeling! Believe it or not guys, the Internet is worse then you really think it is.

            When I actually began to think about the Internet, it truly is terrifying how much the Internet takes over my life. Whenever I am near any sort of computer the very first thing I look at is… does it have Internet? If it doesn’t, well let’s just say you will no longer see me sitting there! However, let’s just say this computer was well equipped and did have the internet up and running, then you would a) see me there, and b) right click that mouse and log into the high-speed internet. And come on; don’t think i am the other one who do this! You are all at one point in life, spotted at the same position I was in! We all feed for this new, highly equipped media! And the funny thing about this all is that you, whoever ends up reading this is on the Internet! Weird eh! But, this is the new and advance way to do assignments… just post them up on the Internet!

We all know is that technology works in such mysterious way! Don’t you think?

Well, McLuhan mentioned in the end of his Playboy Interview that the he couldn’t have thought about any better media than the Internet! Very true, the Internet allows us to search the worldwide web on anything, and I mean anything! And it’s just from the click of a mouse. In addition, it gives us the opportunity to communicate with people around the world! However, when you really begin to think about how great it is you begin to think how bad it can be! We are completely isolating ourselves to this simple way of communicating, this easier way of getting information! It is has led us to be inactive, and uninvolved with ourselves. It is a segregating medium, but at the same time an integrating one as well.
Like I’ve said, we can search anything on the worldwide web and just sit alone with no care around us, because technically we are getting ‘informed.’

            Well as I think about it, when I go onto the internet I feel more update to on my life, but other times I feel as hopeless ! And that’s when I can’t decide; can I live with out it? I don’t think I can, because it has becomes a necessity of my life, I check the Internet weather it may be on anything or everything I want to know about something! And yes I suppose it can be very helpful, but it just becomes another medium that takes up another part of my day!

So I guess in the end we really all know the Internet is so big, so powerful and yet so pointless!

Cheers … the 6 are final completed! Roger that!  

No comments: